2012-2013 School Year Theme--"DISCOVER THE LIGHT"
"For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of light consists in all goodness, righteousness, and truth) and find what pleases the Lord" - Ephesians 5:8-10
Our Cross Training classes will be learning what the Lord wants of them this year by lighting up the pages of their Bible.
CrossTraining, the name of our children's Sunday education program, begins at 9:30 a.m. for preschool through 5th grade. All ages come together in the Sanctuary for a lively time of action-filled songs and a brief object lesson to introduce the week's message. Our CrossTraining curriculum for Pre K 3 year olds through 5th Grade is "Faith Weaver", by Group Publishing. All classes will be discussing the same Bible lesson each week, but the materials are presented on a cognitive level appropriate to each age group. The children will hear and read the Bible lesson and then have the opportunity to participate in hands-on activities to reinforce the lesson for that day.
- The lessons teach the message of Jesus Christ and walk the children through the Bible in a logical and relatable way.
- The impact of Christ's saving work for the world is revealed through Scripture exploration. Through hands-on age appropriate activities and lessons, students learn to trust God's Word.
- The curriculum encourages the children to ask questions and think about ways the Bible lesson relates to their own lives.
- The Bible lesons and activities nurture and strengthen students in their faith, in their readiness to forgive, and in their ability to make godly choices.
- The children take home a parent information page each Sunday that includes a suggested daily readings as well as suggested activities to try during the week that remind the children of their Sunday morning lesson. This information encourages families to continue to build their faith at home and is a fun, easy resource to use.